Liz Gillies | Chief Executive Officer
Liz brings over 20 years’ experience in social impact, philanthropy and leadership development, to the role of Chief Executive Officer at the Menzies Foundation. She has worked across the not-for-profit, university, government and private sectors, including setting up her own businesses.
Liz was instrumental in establishing and managing both the Centre for Ethical Leadership and the Asia Pacific Centre for Social Impact during her six years with the Melbourne Business School at the University of Melbourne.
Liz was awarded a research fellowship to investigate best practice in philanthropy, working alongside The Trust Company philanthropy team to develop the Engaged Philanthropy model. This work culminated in the national launch of the Best Practice in Philanthropy Report in 2018 and Philanthropy – The Continued Journey to Real Impact and Better Practice in 2021.
Linkedin | email@example.com| 0416 112 703
Sarah Jenkins | Strategic Communications Manager
Sarah has more than 18 years’ experience in communications and marketing leadership across a range of sectors.
Communications strategy and organisational growth is a continuing theme in Sarah’s career. Most recently, undertaking a secondment with Australian Council for Educational Research, where she leads the development of a Theory of Strategic Communications; a contribution to the NFP and Education sector.
Sarah’s early career centred around best practice in marketing and communications which later culminated into the establishment of her very own agency. This work extensively spanned across PR, traditional media, event management, strategy, digital marketing, graphic design and business development consultancy.
In 2019, Sarah joined the lean and robust team at the Menzies Foundation. She has since crafted the Foundation’s narrative and communication strategy. The development of this strategic communications platform is essential for ‘movement building’ and requires a strong strategic, management and communication skills set. Sarah has brought so much to this important work, which sits at the forefront of communication practice.
Sarah continues to contribute to the NFP sector through her commitment to Purpose; as she reflects on her own leadership, builds her own leadership capability and contributes to the greater good.
Linkedin | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0401 880 071
Trudy Morrison | Operations Manager
A marketing and communications specialist with over 20 years experience in government, corporate and consumer marketing, Trudy brings her adaptive and organisational project management skills to the Menzies Foundation team.
With a BA degree in Public Relations, Trudy began her career with the City of Melbourne and in magazine publishing, before moving into marketing communications consulting. She has worked in strategic marketing leadership roles with retail brands and enjoys juggling many projects and tasks simultaneously. Her skills were further enhanced when managing her own communications business representing industries across private education, financial services, aviation, government and the health industry.
Trudy is passionate about leadership and all people being encouraged to reach their full potential through research and educational initiatives and opportunities throughout Australia. A skilled and accomplished writer and editor Trudy is enthusiastic about bringing her variety of skills to the Menzies Foundation team.
Linkedin | email@example.com | 0402 361 878
Charlotte Zelouf | Communications Assistant
Charlotte is nearing the completion of her Double Degree of Business and Design at Monash University, majoring in Marketing and Communications design. Charlotte has joined the team to assist with the advancement of the communications and marketing strategy, with a focus on social media and the implementation of the Menzies Viral Co-efficient Model.
Charlotte offers expertise in the design field with her previous work being exhibited at the Melbourne Museum. She focuses on branding, digital content creation, and print based design which, in collaboration with her marketing knowledge, compliments her role at the Menzies Foundation.
AM, QC, LLB (Melb)
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2014
- Governor Florey Neuroscience Institute
- Director of the Victorian Legal Services Board
- Member of the Victorian College of the Arts Foundation
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Centre for Ethical Leadership, University of Melbourne
- Chair of the Ian Potter Museum of Art
AO, BSW (UNSW)
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2018
- Chair, Ministerial Advisory Council on Ageing
- Chair, Lifestart Cooperative
- Director, Sydney Opera House Trust
- Director, Relationships Australia NSW
- Centenary Medal, 2001
– Chair of the Inquiry into the NSW Retirement Villages, 2017
– Member of the Schools Funding Review Panel, 2011
– Chair of the Inquiry into the NSW Catholic Schools Funding Process
– Council Member, Bond University
– Advisory Council Member, L. E. K. Consulting
– Councillor, City of Sydney Council, 1995 – 2004
– Chair and Director for a number of companies and non-profit organisations
AO FAA FTSE FAHMS
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2019
- 6th Director of the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Head of the Department of Medical Biology in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at the University of Melbourne
- Immediate past President of the Association of Australian Medical Research Institutes (AAMRI).
- Co-founder of the biotechnology company MuriGen
- Inventor of more than 20 patent families, most of which have been licensed
- Officer of the Order of Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, of Technological Sciences and Engineering, and of Health and Medical Sciences
- Inaugural recipient of The Lorenzo and Pamela Galli Chair in Medical Biology
Advanced Management Program (Columbia), Grad Dip App Fin & Inv (SIA), Grad Dip Acc & BEc (Monash)
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2017
- Chair of the Audit and Investment Board Committee
- Various Non- Executive Positions Chair/Director with Arbitrium Capital and Connexian
- Chair of the Financial Planner Advisory Board, Deakin University
– Managing Director UK and Europe and Head of Global Distribution / Executive General Manager, Corporate Trustee Services with Equity Trustees
– Board Member, Member of the Audit and Investments Board Committee and Chair of the Grants Committee for the Victorian Legal Services Board
– KPMG, consultant to the Funds Management industry and ANZ Banking Group
– Manager Special Projects, Group Risk Management and executive liaison officer for the ANZ Board Risk Management Committee and the ANZ Credit Approvals Committee
– Deputy Director Research and Policy at the Australian Society of Corporate Treasurers
– Senior Policy Adviser Environment and Heritage for Hon Ian McLachlan AO MP
– Treasury and Risk Management Analyst at Ford Credit
- Chief Executive Officer, SNAICC
- Director of Families Australia Board
- Director of Jawun Board
- Director of Girls from Oz Board
- Director of Australian Progress Board
- Member of the Expert Aboriginal Child Protection Advisory Committee
- Member of the NSW Education Aboriginal Advisory Group
- Member of the Gen V Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
OAM, Llb (UNSW)
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2019
- Co author of the first study of child sexual assault in Australia published in 1981
- Chifley Research Centre, Board Director 2019
- Former Member of the Bobby Goldsmith Foundation Board
– Consulting Clients and Markets Leader at PwC Australia Consulting
– Department of Human Services Client Lead Partner
– Consulting Government and Public Sector Lead
– Government Strategy Practice Lead
– Firmwide NSW Government Client Lead Partner
– Senior Adviser to NSW Government Minister
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2020
- Founder, Naomi Milgrom Foundation
- Executive Chair and CEO, Sportsgirl/Sussan Group,
- Founding patron, Photo International Festival of photography
- Chair, Sydney Powerhouse Precinct Project
- Companion to the Order of Australia for eminent service to the community through philanthropic leadership and support for the promotion of the arts, architecture, design excellence and cultural exchange, and to business.
BCom (UNSW), MS (Stanford), MAICD
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2018
- Chairman, Entrepreneurs Programme Committee, Australian Federal Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Investment Committee Member, CapitalPitch
- President Stanford Australia Association
MPP Harvard, BEc Hons Monash (University Medal), BA BCom Melbourne
- Director of the Menzies Foundation since 2021
- Executive Director, The Men’s Project, Jesuit Social Services
- Elected Councillor, Hobsons Bay City Council
- Research Committee, Centre for Policy Development
- Executive Research Advisory Panel, Bravehearts
- Committee Member, LeadWest
- Council Representative, Municipal Association of Victoria
– Director, Centre For Evidence and Implementation
– Government Innovation Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School Government Performance Lab
– Policy Adviser, Australian Labor Party
– Economist, Department of Foriegn Affairs and Trade (formally AusA
– Researcher and Field Manager, Australian Research Council Indigenous Men’s Health Grant
– Manager, Strategy Consulting, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
Council members are appointed by the Board of Directors to acknowledge their significant contribution to either the establishment, governance or operations of the Menzies Foundation.
- Professor M I Bullock, AM
- The Hon Sir Daryl Dawson, AC, KBE, CB
- Mr Brian Doyle AM
- Professor T Dwyer, AO
- Sir Guy Green, AC, KBE, CVO
- Mr Ross Illingworth
- Mr Brian Jamieson
- Mr C P H Kiefel, AM
- Professor S Leeder, AO
- Ms S K Mackenzie, OAM
- Professor Simon Maddocks
- Professor J D Mathews, AM
- Ms E C Menzies
- Assoc Professor D A F Morgan, OAM
- Professor K O’Dea, AO
- Professor R E O’Hehir, AO
- Professor R Porter, AC
- Mr A P Sheahan, AM
- Dr John Stocker AO
- Mr M Whalley OAM