Medtech Actuator Menzies Scholarship
MedTech Actuator Menzies Scholarship
- Offered to 10 junior scientists
- Each Scholarship valued at $10,000 (including a $1,000 stipend)
- 3-month Scholarship (approx. 1-2 days/month) including an intensive one-week program focused on the commercialisation of research, including intellectual property, pitching, start-up 101, finance for beginners, business modelling, design thinking, path-to-market, and market analysis.
The Foundation is delighted to announce the following ten high-potential health, medical and biotechnology researchers have been selected to each receive a 2021 MedTech Actuator Menzies Scholarship – supporting them to develop a career that fuses science, research, and entrepreneurship.
Group 1: April to June 2021
- Dr Sohyb Basir: A digital waiting-room for emergency departments to capture real-time data from patients through their own mobile devices.
- Ritesh Warty: Developing a pessary with embedded technologies to rehabilitate the pelvic floor.
- Dr Chia-Chi Chien: Conducting controlled experiments using an innovative 3D microtissue-on-a-chip approach for precision medicine applications.
- Julie Dao: Australian first repository platform which enables clinicians to make more efficient and effective decisions whilst simultaneously accelerating the translation of research into better patient outcomes
- Ethan Grooby: Mobile based audio-visual system for accessible newborn monitoring.
- Alinta Furnell: Simple and discreet way to test for sexually transmitted infections.
- Debolina Majumdar: To develop an AI based cough sound monitoring for early diagnosis and monitoring of various respiratory infections.
- Dr Luke Visscher: A clinical applicable software pipeline for automated fracture CT segmentation and virtual reduction for computer-aided orthopedic surgery.
- Dr Martina Barzan: Through the development of patient digital twins and 3D printed surgical guides, this project aims to optimize patient outcomes and improve the technical performance during complex pediatric orthopedic surgeries
- Hope Newman: Investigating potential biomarkers of egg quality in assisted reproductive technology.
The MedTech Actuator and Menzies Foundation are thrilled to announce the...