UoM Ninian Stephen Law Program
The Menzies Foundation is delighted to announce the new Ninian Stephen Law Program: New Legal Thinking for Emerging Technologies, a four-year initiative at University of Melbourne powered by Menzies Foundation.
This program aims to build capacity in the legal profession to provide effective responses to the challenges of emerging technologies. It brings together leaders from the legal profession and business along with engineers, computer scientists and technology specialists from both private and public sectors in a program of research collaboration, dissemination, teaching and engagement. Premised on a model of systems thinking, commonly learnt by engineering and computer science students, that studies how people and human-artifacts interact; this program asserts that systems thinking can be used to testing the limits and possibilities to regulation of technology.
Advisory Board Members Include:
- Jeannie Paterson, Co-Director, Centre for AI and Digital Ethics
- Timothy Miller, Co-Director, Centre for AI and Digital Ethics
- Liz Gillies, CEO, Menzies Foundation
- Justice Kenny (The Hon. Susan Kenny AM)
- F. McLeay, Board CEO & Commissioner, Victorian Legal Services Board
- Cheng Lim, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- Cameron Whittfield, Technology Law Partner PwC
- Carmel Mulhern, Group General Counsel and Group Executive, Legal & Group Governance at Commonwealth Bank
- Michelle Price, CEO, AustCyber (Australian Cyber Security Growth Network)
Ninian Stephen Law Program Oration: New Legal Thinking for Emerging Technologies
- Thursday 21st October 6pm – 7pm
- Online – Register here.
It is our pleasure to invite you to the first Oration of the Ninian Stephen Law Program: New Legal Thinking for Emerging Technologies. The Orator for this event is Dr Cathy Foley, Chief Scientist of Australia, speaking on the future of technology in Australia. Dr Foley’s Oration will be followed by a reflection from Michelle Price, CEO of AustCyber on the role of emerging technologies in promoting cyber security in Australia. Register here.
The MedTech Actuator and Menzies Foundation are thrilled to announce the...